Monday, May 16, 2011

Book Review: Worship CD from Women of Faith

As a Thomas Nelson Publisher's book reviewer, I was given a copy of the Women of Faith Worship team's CD "Rejoice".  Worship and Christian music is a staple in our home with the entire family enjoying the genre.  I was pleased to hear a few renditions of old classics like "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and "Come as You are".  In total there are 10 songs on this worship CD.  Most vocals were done by one female lead with a small chorus as background vocals.  Here is a quick break down of the pro's and con's of this product:

Pros:  Variety of song choice featuring old classics and new favorites, sweet sounding lead vocal (very calming and soothing voice), words to the songs are included in the front cover packet.  I'm sure this would be a great take home token if one attended the "Women of Faith" conference.

Cons:  The background vocals were not prominent enough and the instrumentals in the background did not shine through.  Therefore, much of the time I felt like I was listening to a half finished demo CD.  I would have liked a little more depth in musicality and instrumentation.  This made a lot of the songs run together because they sounded a lot alike.  I did not find the connection with the songs and singer as much as I would have liked to, perhaps because I have not attended this conference.

Overall this is a nice CD and would be a great purchase for someone who has a connection with the conference and remembers worshiping with this musicians live.  However, for the general public there are better worship CD's out there with more variety in musicality and song to choose from to have this make my "top 5".  The beats and style of worship was a little slow for my personal taste.  I would have liked to hear something a little more upbeat and fun on the CD to round out the selections. 

No comments: