Friday, June 5, 2009

Fun cooking adventure

I know I've been gone awhile- let's just say I'm so pooped these days, writing a blog is the last thing on my to do list. I try to nap or at least rest when Izzy does- which then takes a lot of my free time away.

But, I thought I'd come back and share a fun, easy little cooking adventure with Izzy. I'm no kitchen pro. No chef wanna be. I'm not nearly brilliant like my friend Sarah (she is amazing, cook, mom, wow! her examples of cooking with her boys will put my post to shame). Alas, this is all I have to offer at the moment. I thought Sarah's idea of cooking with her boys and teaching/sharing with them the joy in the kitchen was a great idea. I've tried coming up with ways Isabelle can help me in the kitchen to 1) Have fun, quality time together (so I'm not constantly saying, mommy's cooking go play!) and 2) Having 'chores' or jobs makes kids feel valuable and a part of the family.

So, a little project we did together yesterday was from my favorite recipe source (Kraft Food Magazine!). Little homemade pudding pops.

Yum. Pretty healthy. Easy Cheap. Quick sweet fix for miss preggo over here. What's not to like?

Grab some little Dixie cups and Popsicle sticks and try it for yourself!

Pudding pops

1 box of instant pudding (any flavor)
2 cups of cold milk
1.5 cups of thawed cool whip
Any desired mix in (marshmallow, crushed cookie, chocolate chips...fruit if you are feeling healthy)

Mix pudding and milk for two minutes. Add cool whip and stir until well blended. Add mix ins. Pour into small Dixie cups and place a Popsicle stick in the middle. Freeze for 5 hours (ours were ready after about 2-3 hours).

To get the pop out of the cup, run under warm water and give it a little squeeze and pull.

These are also the perfect size for small eaters.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Short Stop said...

These look great! I bet the boys would LOVE these.

It was GREAT to see you today! You look so cute preggo!

Thank you for your kind words. And, I'm glad you're gettin' in the kitchen with Izzy! The work is totally worth the payoff in fun!