Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's

Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful daddies out there.

You are our leaders. The heads of our households. Our shoulders to cry on. Our jungle gym in winter. Our fort making friend. You have a way of making us laugh at the simplest things. You unify a family around each other. You are the example to which our sons and daughters look up to. Once a daddy, always a daddy. Its the job title that never goes away. Yes, its job description changes somewhat from diaper duty to playmate to coach to mechanic to wise council. But, you will always be our daddy. Nothing can every change that.

Today I am thankful for a wonderful father and a father-in-love. My father has seen me through the best of times and worst of times. He has pulled me out of a ditch. Let me cry as I made those "this is going to change me life forever (ha!)" moments in high school. My father-in-love has taught me a different side to life that I had never lived before. Even today he showed me the joy that a new water gun can bring (and how cute it is when he squirts his unsuspecting wife!).

I am also thankful for my daughter's father. My husband has evolved as a man and as a father over the past 3 years. I love watching him play with dolls and get on the floor with our daughter. I love how he initiates their bingo games- not always waiting to be asked to play. I love that he dates our daughter.

Don't forget to love on and thank you father's and you children's father for all that they do. They need our respect, our love, our encouragement.

No comments: