Monday, October 13, 2008

Parade, Grease Stains, and Pina Colada's

How's that for a random title post?

Parade of Homes is over for the fall. Fall parade was much slower than the spring, but we kind of expected that. We still had a little over 200 people through the spec model. Hey- if each person told one person, just think of the word of mouth publicity! Haha. Yesterday I most certaintly did not forget to set my alarm for church, therefore we all slept in past the first service and past the point of being able to get out the door before the second service. I would never do that! Ha! Because that series of unfortunate events, we were blessed with a little extra time to tear down all the decor and furniture in the parade model and move it back to Paul's office/sales model and other furnished condos currently for sale. The tear down went great, Izzy watched Elmo on a 56 inch plasma tv screen while we loaded our pacifica with all the goods. 4 trips later, it was done, or at least half way done.

We took a short break to have lunch with family who just came home from their vacation in Mexico, and then for Izzy to come back and have an afternoon nap. After only an hour, she awoke, much to my dismay, but again, it blessed us with more time to finish setting up the sales model again.

Much to our horror, when we arrived back at the sales model, we realized that a black, greasy substance had been tracked all over the carpet. (alas, it was from the bottom of my shoe, but we still do not know the source!) Enter state of panic and frazzle as we figure out how to solve the grease stain dillema. Mom Spica came to our rescue and took Izzy off our hands as we got on our hands and knees using my Mom's miracle product Greased Lightning. It took the spots right up! (I also use this stuff when normal stain removers don't work and it gets spots right out!). A few hours later, the sales model is furnished and cleaned, and we're off to drop our Pacifica off to the car doctor. Its getting new brakes while we're away.

Now, we hit the waiting game before I get to sip my first Pina colada of my vacation. Bags are packed, house is cleaned, list of things to buy before we leave is made, and we wait! Sometime around noon Paul and I will drop off Izzy (already choking up!) and then make our way to Detroit to fly out really early Wednesday morning. And get this (I do have the greatest husband in the world!), PAUL suggested we stop at the outlet mall in Howell on our way!!!! Whoot!!!! Bargain shopping will help hurry the wait for that first glorious sip of pineapple coconut goodness.

So, if I fail to find internet or find other things to do :) Have a great week, and hopefully I'll be back tanner and not too much heavier than when I left.

xoxoxoxoxox
Peace out yo!

No comments: