Thursday, September 4, 2008

Exchange Student

Well, my parent's life just got a lot more interesting. In a tragic accident, the mother of one of my Dad's friends and an elder at their church was killed in a car accident. Eric and his wife were preparing to take a foreign exhange student from Korea. Because of this accident, my parents have stepped in to house and take care of the young man until they can get back on their feet.

So, tomorrow they pick him up from the airport in GR, fresh from his flight from Korea. They don't know much about him, I don't even know his name. It will be an adjustment having a teenage boy live with them.

Please pray that as they take care of this student they just shine the love of Jesus on him. They do not know his spiritual background, but he must attend their church as part of his exchange requirements. Please pray that he will adapt well to his new surroundings and school. Hopefully I'll have more information to come!

No comments: