Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Date Night Fun

It was a real treat to get an impromptu date night last night. My mother-in-law stopped by at about 11 am to drop something off and asked if Izzy wanted to run errands with her- sure thing! Izzy loves to shop and loves even more to spend time with her grandma.

So I was anticipating a drop off around early afternoon in time for nap/rest time.

Well, 3pm rolled around and I had an appointment downtown for Liliana so I left, but Paul was home for Izzy.

Well, on my way home, I get a call that Izzy was off to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner. Whohoo! Date night! Gotta love it. Plus, we had just received a gift card to Olive Garden so we could go out to eat!!! No cooking + date night = happy girl.

We had a great time (you must, simply must try the new Manicotti formagio with chicken or whatever its called- simply to die for, roasted red pepper alfredo sauce with spinach and chicken and manicotti my oh my- it was so large it fed me for dinner, and Izzy and I finished it for lunch...so three meals!)

Paul and I had a great time together, but what made date night even more fun was the conversation next to us (is it bad we love to eavesdrop on other conversations when we are out?)

Well, it was these two old ladies probably in their 70's or early 80's. The first clue I had that it was going to be a fun evening was the introductory sentence.

"Well, I called ahead. I wanted to make sure they had spaghetti. And they do."

Really? You called an Italian restaraunt to make sure they had pasta? Isn't that like calling a steakhouse to see if they have steak or McD's to see if they have cheeseburgers?

Paul and I tried not to bust out laughing. Let's just say the rest of the evening got even better. One of my favorites was-

"Do your dishes come with bread?"

Olive Garden Virgins perhaps? Do they not know that one of the best features of this place is the all you can eat amazing salad and even more divine breadsticks? I don't know...but it sure gave us plenty of fun on our date night :)

1 comment:

Beck said...

Oh girl no wonder we get along so great, we MUST sit and people watch at an airport together sometime we would have a blast! After a long day (Peanut is sick :( ) I got a GOOD well needed laugh from that. Amazing. Can you imagine the person that took that phone call?? I would have thought it was a prank! Anyways so glad you got a good night w/ Hubs especially before Lili gets here :) Yay!