Monday, April 14, 2008

Praise the Lord

Quick background- My mom comes from a very broken family (abandonment, divorces, drugs, etc.) It has been our family's mission to shine light and love on her family whenever we get together (she has 7 brothers and sisters of which she is the youngest). Her second youngest brother has been like a dad to my mom since her dad left when she was 11. Steve cared for her, walked her down the wedding aisle and so on.

Steve was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in December. It was found this week that the cancer has spread to his brain.

My mom and dad went down for a visit- hoping for a chance to talk to my uncle about salvation. Well, my Uncle Steve was ripe and ready because he brought the subject up! He said, "I have been struggling for years with this guilt of all the bad things I've done. I know I'm missing something and I think you have the answer for me!" Sure enough- my dad laid out forgivness and love of our Heavenly Father who gave us His Son for us- and my Uncle Steve accepted the Lord right then in there!!!!!!!!

Praise the Lord!

Afterwards he said, "Is this what peace feels like- knowing its going to be ok even with a grim future?" Yes, dear Uncle Steve, that is Peace!!!!

So at the ripe age of 60, my Uncle Steve looks forward to an eternity in Heaven. May his example shed on his wife and 16 year old son. I cannot tell you how huge this is for this family...I've had tears and goosebumps all day!!!!