Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hidden Among the Common

While we were at playworld today, I happened to snap a couple shots of the balls in the ball pit. I like taking pictures of things like that for use in backgrounds and such. Well, this happen to catch my eye.



I thought of two things:



  1. Why does it sometimes feel like you are the only "odd" one in a world of normal people? Why am I the one that doesn't quite fit in? Why am I so different?

  2. Then I thought, I'm different because I'm a treasure hidden among the common. Sure, I may not be the perfect shape, have the perfect job, be the perfect parent, have the perfect life; but I am a unique gem set aside by God to do His work here on Earth. I'm his perfect treasure that He Himself created. I shouldn't always just blend in and be "one of the normal people." I need to stand out and be the woman God created me to be. (Even if that isn't the size 8 I dream of!)

So here's to the funky blue ball amongst the seemingly perfect ones. He has something special to offer- you have my word on that!


1 comment:

Short Stop said...

What an awesome post, my friend! Oh, I can't tell you how much I needed to hear these words of wisdom today!

And, that picture of Izzy is priceless!

SO glad you're blogging!